8 reasons to use natural candles
Palm, soya or beeswax are the green choice when it comes to candles.
Petroleum based candles, which are the ones commonly found in most shops, are not sustainable and contain toxic chemicals which can be harmful to your health.
Candles scented with artificial fragrances can increase air pollution in your home and are bad for the environment.
Here are reasons why natural candles are better for you, your health and the planet!
- Natural candles do not leave black soot marks on your walls!
- Natural candles do not release toxins into the air.
- In palm, soya or beeswax candles the wick will not drown in the wax – how many times have you ‘lost’ the wick?!
- Natural beeswax candles release a beautiful rich, honey scent of their own; they don’t need fragrance.
- Natural candles purify their air rather than pollute it.
- Candles made from natural waxes and oils last longer than petroleum based ones, so provide better value for money.
- Candles made from palm oil don’t get misshapen or melt on a sunny windowsill!
- Soy wax candles burns at a lower temperature, so are safer when there are children around.
What’s not to love! Tell me, are there any particular brands of candles that you love to use? I love Timothy Han and e-nat.