Climate Change Academy with Energy Saving Trust
Browse main article categories
The Climate Change Academies are free to attend and run on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. They run from 10 – 3:30pm and include a free lunch and three workshops.
Climate change academy
The workshops held each day are:
- What is climate change…and why save energy?
- What can I do today?
- What can I do next?’ which includes topics such as solar power and forming a green community.
The aim of the climate change academies is to explain what climate change is and show what can be done in people’s own homes to save the planet (and save money on their energy bills).
Dates and venues
Here are the dates and venues of the Climate Change Academies being held in the UK
- Wed 21 Oct The Window, 13 Windsor Street, Islington, London, N1 8QG
- Thursday 22 October County Hotel by Thistle, Neville Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5DF
- Friday 23 October The Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, Castle Green Lane, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 6RG
- Tuesday 27 October Royal York Hotel & Events Centre, Station Road, York, YO24 1AA
- Tuesday 27 October MWB Business Exchange, 1 Farnham Road, Guildford, GU2 4RG
- Wednesday 28 October Hilton Nottingham, Milton Street, Nottingham, BG1 3PZ
- Thursday 29 October Novotel Birmingham Centre, 70 Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2HT
- Thursday 29 October The Southville Centre, Beauley Road, Bristol, BS3 1QG
How to book
To book your place on a ‘Climate Change Academy’ near you, contact Kirsty Mitchell at the Centre for Sustainable Energy by email to [email protected] or by fax on 0117 934 1410. Or for any enquiries contact Kirsty Mitchell on 0117 934 1400. Children welcome.
Find out more with the Energy Saving Trust “Climate Change Academies”
What about you – is a climate change academy the sort of thing that interests you? What would you hope to learn and what advise and experience could you offer to others?
In Northern Europe, around 12 million people suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Symptoms range from mild such as feeling a little…
You’ve all been waiting patiently to begin making your own household cleaners. You know some of the nasties you want to avoid…