Cut your carbon footprint by 10% with 10:10
Browse main article categories
10:10 is dedicated to helping individuals, schools, hospitals, businesses and organisations cut their carbon emissions by 10% during 2010 in a bid to tackle climate change.
By signing up, your voice will help to put pressure on the politicians to cut Britain’s emissions as quickly as the science demands.
We’ve covered heaps of energy saving tips on Little Green Blog over the past couple of years; here are a few simple ones which will not only cut your carbon footprint, they’ll save you money too:
- Turn your thermostat down by 1 degree
- Turn appliances off stand by
- Turn chargers off once the gadget is fully charged
- Join a car pool, get our your bicycle, take a bus, catch a train or walk for one journey a week
- Take showers instead of baths, or bathe with a friend 😉
- View your leftover food as ingredients and get creative in the kitchen
Once you sign up to 10:10 you’ll get weekly emails with tips on how you can reduce your carbon footprint throughout 2010.
The idea is that taking small steps at a time is more achievable than a sudden change. In addition, if everyone does a little bit, it adds up collectively to significant global change!
So far, over 15,000 people have signed up to reduce their carbon emissions by 10%, why not sign up and see what you can do?
What is your best tip for reducing your carbon footprint?
In Northern Europe, around 12 million people suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Symptoms range from mild such as feeling a little…
You’ve all been waiting patiently to begin making your own household cleaners. You know some of the nasties you want to avoid…