Quick, frugal and easy vegan meals
Browse main article categories
She’d been on a conference to empower herself and felt a healthy diet would support her healthy mind.
She asked for suggestions for quick, simple and frugal ideas.
I’ve been eating a vegan diet for about five days now, but need it to be nut and seed free, so here are some of suggestions; along with suggestions from a forum I’m on.
We’re looking for healthy meals that avoid ‘faux’ foods such as meat substitutes.
Quick, frugal and simple vegan meal ideas
- fruit with soya yoghurt
- Smoothie – I make mine with soya milk, raspberries, blueberries and apple and a handful of alfalfa
SNACKS / LIGHT MEALS
- Veggie sticks and hummous
- Mashed avocado and sliced beetroot on rye toast
- Green vegetable soup
- chickpea and tomato soup
- Salad with olives and avocado
- Jacket potato and various toppings – guacamole, hummous, fried mushrooms, home made baked beans etc
- Falafel and mixed vegetables
- Dahl and wholemeal rice
- Home made tomato sauce and pasta
- quinoa, asparagus, leek and mint
- Stirfry with tinned beans such as chickpeas or black eyed beans
- vegetable chilli with kidney beans
- Chunky vegetable curry
- Shepherds pie made with red lentils
- Sweet and sour tofu
What about you? I know I’ve only scratched the surface and I’d love to hear your recommendations; especially for those who can’t tuck into nuts and seeds.
In Northern Europe, around 12 million people suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Symptoms range from mild such as feeling a little…
You’ve all been waiting patiently to begin making your own household cleaners. You know some of the nasties you want to avoid…